Mentors are an integral component to the success of Techgirls. As our competition grows each year we need more mentors to contribute their time, knowledge and expertise to guide our Tech Girls to Superhero stardom.
We are expecting record numbers of participants in 2021, and with that, we will need lots of awesome mentors. Matching teams with real-life female mentors has been life-changing for some of our teams.
We match every team of girls in the Techgirls Competition with a mentor. To qualify as a mentor, you need to:
- Work in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths, STEM-related field
- Have a passion for technology
- Want to help a team of girls build confidence with technology and learn hands-on entrepreneurial skills
- Be available for an average of 1-2 hours each week online from May 3 until August 6 2021
- Be willing to guide the team of girls to the information they need, adhering to deadlines etc
- Get a Working with Children Check (or equivalent) completed. Apply here. In most states/territories it is free and will reassure our teachers and parents.
- The final Date for Mentor Registration is 23 April 2021.
PLEASE NOTE: All team mentors are female because we want girls to have access to positive female industry role models during this program. For any interested men, we invite you to join as a Technical Mentor, or as a Judge. A Technical Mentor will be called on by the Techgirls team if we have any of our competitors seeking support during the program. This may be in the way of coding, app development or business analysis support.
What is it like to be a mentor? Hear from our mentors directly.