Mentors are an integral component to the success of Techgirls. As our competition grows each year we need more mentors to contribute their time, knowledge and expertise to guide our Tech Girls to Superhero stardom.
In 2019 we had over 200 mentors to support the competition. We are always looking for more mentors, especially as our competition continues to grow annually. Matching teams with real-life female mentors has been life-changing for some of our teams.
Here is how you can help your teams:
We match every team of girls in the Techgirls Competition with a mentor. To qualify as a mentor, you need to:
- Work in a STEM-related field*
- Have a passion for technology
- Want to help a team of girls build confidence with technology and learn hands-on entrepreneurial skills
- Be available for an average of 1-2 hours each week online from May 4 until July 24 2020
- Be willing to guide the team of girls to the information they need, adhering to deadlines etc
- Get a Working with Children Check (or equivalent) completed. Apply here. In most states/territories it is free, and will reassure our teachers and parents.*Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths
- Final Date for Mentor Registration is 25 April 2020.
We invite you to join us on this entrepreneurial journey to inspire and empower the next generation of leaders. Together we can build a workforce that is capable of building the technology of the future.
NOTE: All team mentors are female because we want girls to have access to positive female industry role models during this program.
For any interested men, we invite you to join as a Technical Mentor Register Here, or as a Judge (coming soon). A Technical Mentor will be called on by the Techgirls team if we have any of our competitors seeking support during the program. This may be in the way of coding, app development or business analysis support.