Jewella is on the panel!
A panel of Queensland’s leading women scientists, speaking in a Q&A forum with an MC.
The scientists will talk about their pathways to careers in science and their advice for young women and girls considering a career in science as well as discuss the challenges for women scientists wishing to get into more senior positions. The forum will also look at the mentoring programs offered to women scientists to help smash the glass ceiling.
Chair: Dr Maggie Hardy, UQ IMB
- Ms Mathilde Desselle – Women in Technology
- Prof Carolyn Mountford – Translational Research Institute
- Prof Suzanne Miller – Qld Museum Network
- Dr Helen Benham - UQDI
- Professor Zee Upton, QUT IHBI
- Dr Jenine Beekhuyzen, Tech Girls Movement
The key focus of the event will be on creating a public conversation during National Science Week on women in science in Queensland.
The forum will be organised jointly by Women in Technology, the Queensland Department of Science, Information Technology and Innovation (DSITI) and the University of Queensland’s Diamantina Institute.
- See more at: http://www.scienceweek.net.au/smashing-the-glass-ceiling-women-in-queensland-science-and-the-ambition-to-succeed-and-make-a-difference/#sthash.cTcgGhb8.dpuf